LogonTracer associates a host name (or an IP address) and account name found in logon-related events and displays it as a graph. This way, it is possible to see in which account login attempt occurs and which host is used.
This tool can visualize the following event id related to Windows logon based on this research.
- 4624: Successful logon
- 4625: Logon failure
- 4768: Kerberos Authentication (TGT Request)
- 4769: Kerberos Service Ticket (ST Request)
- 4776: NTLM Authentication
- 4672: Assign special privileges
More details are described in the following documents:
- Visualise Event Logs to Identify Compromised Accounts – LogonTracer –
- イベントログを可視化して不正使用されたアカウントを調査 (Japanese)
With LogonTracer, it is also possible to display event logs in a chronological order.
To use LogonTracer, you can:
If you want to know more details, please check the LogonTracer wiki.
LogonTracer is written in Python and uses Neo4j for database. The following tools are used.
- Python 3
- Neo4j for a graph database.
- Cytoscape for visualizing a graph network.
- Flask is a microframework for Python.