Seeker Hosts a fake website on Apache Server and uses Ngrok to generate a SSL link which asks for Location Permission and if the user allows it, we can get :
- Altitude – Not always available
- Direction – Only available if user is moving
- Speed – Only available if user is moving
Along with Location Information we can also get Device Information without any permissions :
- Operating System
- Number of CPU Cores
- Amount of RAM – Approximate Results
- Screen Resolution
- GPU information
- Browser Name and Version
- Public IP Address
This tool is purely a Proof of Concept and is for Educational Purposes Only, Seeker shows what data a malicious website can gather about you and your devices and why you should not click on random links and allow critical permissions such as Location etc.
- Other tools and services offer IP Geolocation which is not very accurate and does not give location of user.
- Generally if a user accepts location permsission, Accuracy of the information recieved is accurate to approximately 30 meters.
Note : On iPhone due to some reason location accuracy is approximately 65 meters.
Tested On :
- Kali Linux 2018.2
- Ubuntu 18.04
Supports both Python2 and Python3.
Seeker uses common standard python modules :
git clone https://github.com/thewhiteh4t/seeker.git cd seeker/ chmod 777 install.sh ./install.sh #After Installation just type seeker in console